Saturday, June 21, 2008

All morining daddy daycare

LT and I are on our own this morning while Kari does her first triathlon in almost 2 years. Last night LT helped his mom get ready by checking out her bike for her (at right).

It's funny to think about how apprehensive I was the first few times I had to go it alone with LT for any long stretch of time. Looking back at all day daddy daycare in February (+ parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7) and the next chapter in daddy daycare (+ parts 2, 3 & 4 ) I can see that, while I tried to put a humorous spin on it, I was pretty nervous about being left in charge of our little guy.

Times change and I guess both LT and I have grown a lot in the last few months. Though this picture (below) may look like I put LT in jail, we were actually playing happily out on the front balcony earlier this morning.



We headed over to the little park near the new 'plex to check out the playground. I think it's intended more for older kids but LT had a great time regardless. He even met a 2 year old girl who he thought was very intriguing.

We left the park and got home just in time for the first nap of the day (8:45 as mom had predicted). He had a little milk, went right to sleep and napped for over an hour and a half. I tried to post this blog while he was sleeping but got distracted by instant messaging with a friend and co-worker who is currently living and working in Estonia. So currently LT is pulling the books off of the bookshelf in my office while I finish writing (one of his favorite activities). Mom will be home soon and LT and I can proudly report that we had a very successful morning.

No comments: