Friday, June 20, 2008

First babysitter!

Brian and I have been lucky that we have family in town who love watching LT and would do it for us at the drop of a hat. We rarely call anyone, although we should do it more often. However, we have both been thinking that it would be a good idea for LT to get used to someone other than family, for the occasional time when we need a sitter. The other day, one of my former students, Katie, and her twin Jack sent me an e-mail letting me know that they are taking their Babysitting certification course tomorrow and would love to babysit. I taught Jack for two years, Katie for one and absolutely adore the two of them and their family. With LT's first birthday party on Sunday and my first triathlon of the season tomorrow, I felt it would be nice to have an extra set of hands today to watch LT while I got a few things done around the house. It was wonderful! LT had the time of his life playing with two new friends and I was able to get lots done in a short amount of time.
LT has started getting separation anxiety occasionally when I leave. Today, I don't even think he blinked an eye when I went outside or upstairs. He was too busy.
I remember taking the Red Cross course when I was 12 and how exited I was to be able to babysit. Katie has that same excitement, which makes it really easy for me to leave Landon with her. LT did need a diapie change and Katie politely said, "I haven't taken the course, I will learn that tomorrow."

LT enjoyed feeding not only his dogs, but Jack as well.

He showed them how to cook in his little kitchen.

No comments: