Friday, June 13, 2008

Cooking dinner

When LT was first born, I would put him in the bouncy while I cooked dinner. When we outgrew that, he would just sit on the floor and play with some toys, then the excersaucer, but lately the simple task of cooking has become more difficult. He is very interested in figuring out how the stove and oven work. The past few days, I have fed him in his seat while I cooked, but he has a bad cold right now and isn't too interested in eating. I put him in his highchair as usual with some crackers (which he quickly fed Bowen). He seemed pretty unhappy and so I went over to try to take him out and he instantly grabbed the can opener from my hands. Knowing this wasn't a good toy, I scurried to the random utensil drawer to find something else for him. What better thing than a lemon squeezer? He LOVED it and played with it for 20 minutes while I cooked. We may have moved on from the bouncy and excersaucer, but now we have the lemon squeezer. Who knows what will be next, but I like this for now.


No comments: