Friday, August 29, 2008

LT at the DNC (day 5)

From left to right: Z, Sofi, LT and Mia.
For some reason I thought today was the final day of the DNC so I went to the DAC this morning hoping that Obama might show again. No such luck and the rest of downtown was pretty much dead most of the day. I guess that's a good thing because when I foolishly let the scooter run out of gas today on my way home not too many people saw me abandon it and walk to the bus stop.

Later in the day I got some gas and Kari took me to pick up the scooter on our way to meet some friends at a little place near Commons Park just outside of downtown.

Albert was one of the lucky 80,000 people who got to see the historic acceptance speech last night at [Invesco Field at] Mile High. In this picture Z is showing of his muscles, encouraged by his dad, while the two of them sport their new Obama gear.

Anna and Steve got to see the speech as well and Mia spent the *whole* night with Anna's parents.

LT decided he'd pick up not one but two beer bottles.

And pole dance with Mia.

Then with Sofi.

Apparntly all that partying made him hungry 'cause when the cheeseburgers and fries came, he was all over it. And yes, for the record, he is eating ketchup. Any of you who know how much I detest tomatoes will be as surprised by this as I am (he also likes raw tomatoes and red sauce on pasta!).

Ketchup and fries were a popular item.

After dinner everyone took turns racing around in Sofi's wagon - the picture is a little blurry because they were going so fast! I heard after the fact that Shawn was a little concerned with my wagon driving skills but all I can say in my defense is that they were having fun and they are still alive so what else can you ask?

LT had so much fun he just wanted to hang out around the wagon after we were done racing.

No comments: