Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another beer please, but hold the watermelon

On Thursday night we went to Billy's Inn to celebrate Kari's dad's Birthday (his name is Bill so it seemed like an appropriate destination!). Not even a year ago Billy's was a complete dump, however, it has been completely remodeled and the *new* Billy's has been getting rave reviews from powerful groups like the Highlands Mommies. This was our first visit to Billy's and I'm not sure it was quite as good as all the hype around it but I guess that's to be expected when expectations are so high. While it's not the "best place ever" as some of the early reviews might have suggested, it is a pretty solid place, a good addition to the neighborhood, and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up as frequent customers.



LT likes to put things in other things. And he's pretty darn fast too. I've pulled more than a few little toys out of my coffee while LT watched with a look of self satisfaction. While dining at Billy's I let my guard down for just a second and he sneaked a chuck of watermelon into my beer. I've had lemons and limes in beer and even an occasional orange but I can't say that watermelon is a delicacy that I'll be looking to enjoy again anytime soon.


The little guy helped Papa celebrate in style.




Landon's drinking on his own skills have improved a lot recently. The only problem is that he usually likes to drink water from his baby bottle or from his Sigg bottle - both of which have tops where the water comes out of the middle of the top. He seems to have made the assumption that water comes out of the middle of all cups and bottles which isn't always a successful strategy. He tried to drink from the middle of the little cup they gave him at Billy's but the hole was on the side and he poured water all over himself. In the picture below, he looks a little upset and perplexed by the situation but it it wasn't long before he was right back at it and he didn't stop until the cup was empty and he was completely soaked. He was so wet we had to strip him down and he went home in just a diaper.

1 comment:

Gallego said...

Bri you need to get your fruits and veggies some how!