Saturday, August 23, 2008

How many strange things can happen before 8:30 AM?

I tried to let Bri sleep in this morning. I got up when LT woke up at 6:15 and took Bowen and Landon on a run. When we returned there was a firetruck in front of our house (the old folks across the street have frequent visits by the firemen.) I am not sure if LT or Bo loved the truck more, but it was sure excitement none-the-less. Bri came out of the house to see the action too (my attempts at letting him sleep in always fail.)

Soon after the firetruck left, LT, Bri, Hailie and I headed to Tenn St. Coffee for some morning beverages (Bo isn't allowed there, he gets into too many fights). This is one of Landon, Hailie and my favorite early morning activities. I learned a few weeks ago that my attempts at reading the newspaper at home usually fail. However, when I take LT and Hailie to Tenn St, they are both entertained enough that I manage to drink my coffee while it is still hot and read the paper! Landon is learning to give Hailie treats (Tenn St. provides these for pups), and Hailie is learning to wait for her treat. After many attempts, today was relatively successful with the treat exchange.

LT sitting like a little/big boy in a big chair waiting for his snacks.

About 20 minutes into our morning coffee, Bri saw a group of people headed down Tennyson St. Our first thoughts (given that the Democratic National convention is starting in Denver tomorrow), was that this was a group of protesters. However, we were wrong. This was a pilgrimage up to the Mother Cabrini Shrine on Lookout Mountain (quite a long distance from where we were). Definitely something we don't see everyday, but a pretty cool experience.
After the pilgrimage had passed, LT returned to his busy self of climbing onto the chairs, tables and all over mom.
All this happened before LT's nap #1 at 8:30.

No comments: