Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

Our first Valentines Day with LT was a little different from our usual traditions, but we managed to make some new ones that were actually quite fun! It started 2 weeks ago when we put LT to bed and Uncle Steve and Aunt Madeleine came over to hang out while we went to the Chophouse for dinner (old tradition, different night this year).
On Valentine's day, LT woke up to a card in the mail from his great aunt Margaret. This card was such a hit that it was incredibly hard for me to get a picture of LT holding the card still. I did my best... He wasn't too happy with us for making him hold still.

Madeleine's family came into town for the week and were in Denver before heading to Silverthorne for some skiing. My parents had all of us over for a big Valentines Dinner. LT and I headed over a bit early and played on the rocking horse. I know LT is finally feeling better by the fact that he played with the horse's reign for about 30 minutes and had a huge smile on his face as he rode on the horse.



Daddy met us there a bit later. While on his daddy's lap, LT found his two fingers to suck. He has done this a few times before, but never for this long. I have to say, it was quite cute.

Steve and Madeleine and their family didn't get to my parent's house until after 6:30 (usually LT goes to bed about 6, so we were a bit worried!). However, LT sat politely at the dinner table on his dad's lap for almost 2 hours, and never made a peep! He even ate a few cheerios. My mom prepared an incredible dinner of Flaming cherries jubilee chicken, rice, vegetables and my favorite... strawberry crepes for dessert!
While it wasn't our typical romantic night, it was a really fun Valentines day with lots of good food and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.