Friday, April 25, 2008

Just another night


On Wednesday afternoon, I got a call that my dad was in the hospital (he had been complaining earlier in the week about a stomach ache, so it wasn't a total surprise). I was a little shocked honestly that he had actually gone to the hospital after various people (including the doctor) had suggested going there. After many hours of waiting around, doctors finally agreed that removing his appendix was the best course of action. While Landon was not able to help in the traditional sense, he was a trooper through the two days. LT went to bed at 7 on Wednesday evening and then my brother and I headed to the hospital for the late night surgery (my dad had to wait around for an OR and they luckily were able to squeeze him in before a few people who were being Med evac'd in arrived). It pays to know good people! Quinn (Roxanne's husband), was on call that night and I am pretty sure he was the reason my dad had the surgery that night, rather than waiting until morning. Surgery went well and we were able to see him a few hours later. LT slept through the whole thing (I think Bri was grateful since he was on night duty and usually LT wants mom if he wakes up!) After we knew dad was in good hands, Steve and I headed home for a quick nights rest. LT and I went back in the morning. We were able to take him home that day and pick up some prescriptions for him. I am pretty sure in LT's mind it was just another night!

No comments: