Thursday, August 2, 2007

College Sunday

Steve and Madeleine (Kari's little brother and his wife) recently moved back to Denver from DC. Last Sunday we took LT to visit them in the house they are renting over on our side of town.

I had a strange feeling like I was back in college again. It was very humid for Denver and maybe that great feeling of sweating without doing anything reminded me of late summer in good ol' western Mass. The mid day visit to a house with boxes and furniture everywhere reminded me of those first few days back at college as well. And maybe the good old fashion elitist school pissing match I'd gotten into with Travis on Friday at work just put me in the college frame of mind*.

* For the record, Travis attended Columbia for his *second* bachelors degree and that's the school he was claiming in our lively discussion. Trying to compare a university to a small liberal arts college makes the argument about which school is better all the more fun but even more pointless. Before Columbia he went to LSU for his first bachelors and he also got a Law degree there. The details are a bit unclear but, knowing Travis, I can only assume he isn't practicing law because he got disbarred for some sort of unethical conduct.

No comments: