Saturday, August 25, 2007

The College Fund

I have no doubt that my parents fully intended to contribute to LT's college fund. But it wasn't until they read the post about setting up his 529 that they actually took some action. My dad called the day after that post to ask if it was OK to make the check out directly to Landon.

Behold the power of the internet. You put something online and the next day people are giving you money. I can sort of see why people went so crazy in the late 90's.

Maybe it's not too late to cash in on the internet bubble after all. You see some websites (charities, wikipedia, and things like that) that have PayPal donation links prominently displayed to make giving to the cause easy.



I'll have to look into this approach to fund LT's college (you blog readers are all generous and rich philanthropists right?). It sure seems a lot easier than *actually* budgeting and saving...

No comments: