Friday, June 17, 2011

Sleep

Sleeping arrangements don't seem to go as planned in the Campbell household. Before LT, we thought for sure that he would sleep with us. He wanted nothing to with sleeping in our bed. This turned out to be great and Brian and I learned to love the separation. Because of our experience with LT, we thought for sure Adler would be the same. While I was pregnant with him, we finished our basement so that each kid would have their own room and Bri and I would have our own room. However, Adler spent a little time in a crib in his room, but the majority for his first 20 months in our room. After many months of deliberating and discussing what to do with Adler, we finally concluded that we should bring a futon up from the basement and put it on the floor in Adler's room for him to sleep on. Our plan didn't go as planned. I shouldn't have been surprised that LT would want to sleep in the new bed with Adler. So, here we are, Adler and LT in the same bed in the tiniest room in our house. They are incredibly cute though sleeping together. At midnight a few nights ago, I woke up to Adler crying. I went in and by the time I got into the room, he was back asleep, with his brother sleeping across him. I wish I had been thinking, I would have taken a picture, but I was too tired.

This is their first night together.
I took this one today. LT doesn't nap anymore, but he reads stories with Adler and I before Adler naps. It gives him some down time. Today I asked LT to go choose some books. By the time he got back, Adler had curled up and gone to sleep without me realizing. I read to LT and kept reading only to realize, he too, had gone to sleep. I guess I really just wanted to read Katy Kangaroo to myself today.

No comments: