Sunday, February 14, 2010

Adler's first solids

Adler has been eyeing my food for some time now. He also grabs things, constantly. LT and I decided (for no good reason) that today was the day to give him rice cereal for the first time. LT helped me pick out some rice cereal from the store a week ago. When we got home, I realized that it was rice cereal with apples. If this was LT, I really would have worried and probably not given it to him, but since Adler is the second kid, he got rice cereal with apples instead of just plain rice cereal. I figured if he had a reaction, there are only two ingredients that could be causing the allergy. LT chose Adler's spoon color (red) for the first food. He got out a special bowl for Adler and the cereal and helped me make it. Adler loved just being in the chair.
His face after the first bite. Not nearly as bad as LTs facial expression when he ate solids for the first time.
I guess I was too slow at feeding him because he grabbed the spoon and began feeding himself, pretty accurately too.
Wondering where all the food was and how to get some more.
Once again, these two boys are different. I think Adler ate more in his first sitting than LT ate the whole first month of giving him food.

2 comments:

Shawn Gallego said...

Too cute! He is part Z, part LT...perfect little Bro!

MC said...

I didn't know you guys had done this! Look at him, eating like a champ on the first try. So cute!