Monday, November 5, 2007

Snap, Crackle and Pop

When I heard other parents talking about babies having rice cereal for their first solid food I just assumed they were talking about Rice Krispies. What do I know? Apparently not much about baby food. Good thing mom is in charge of that department.

Saturday morning was our first foray into the world of solid foods.
It was also LT's first time in his little highchair which he really enjoyed. In the photo above I picture him thinking, "Wow mom! This is really fun, what are we doing?"


And here, "That red thing isn't as cool as some of my other toys but this seat is still pretty fun."


But here, "I've been tricked! What is that crap? I don't think I like this anymore. What's wrong with good old fashion mama milk?"

He makes the same sad face (and spits up the same way) when he gets medicine at the doctors office.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Brian-
I pcitured something like mixing rice krispies with milk and then straining out the big parts to leave a thicker milk - so I am not so far from you. I still don't really know what rice cereal is. Guess I need to go read that chapter in the next month or so...