Saturday, November 3, 2007

them's good people

A sleepless night with LT compounded with tons of well meaning but contradictory and overwhelming advice about getting your baby to sleep from friends, books, the Internet, etc., finally caught up with Kari yesterday. She was having a pretty rough time in the morning. So bad, in fact, that I was trying to figure out how I could cut out of work early to go home and help (not that I would be much help but I didn't know what else to do). But then Shawn instant messages me wanting to know what Kari's might like for lunch and before I knew it Shawn had driven across town, brought Kar a turkey and avocado (with NO MAYO) sandwich, and was watching Landon while Kari took Bowen on a run. I may not have known how to help but Shawn sure as heck did and she really saved the day. I feel really lucky to have Z, Shawn and Albert in our lives right now - them's just good people.

Alright, enough of my sappy ranting! I know my readers don't want to see a bunch of sentimental garbage here - they demand my cliché humor, flair for bad grammar (or is it poor grammar?), and uninspired photography. So there's a picture at right of Z, Albert, Shawn and Landon (taken a few weeks ago at Amici's). And the only funny thing I could come up with from yesterday was Z grabbing a handful of Shawn's sandwich and stuffing it in his mouth. They say that your baby will start to show subtle signs that they are ready for solid foods but apparently Zach isn't much for subtly.


No comments: