Friday, February 12, 2010

GAK!

I've said this a million times, but teaching preschool was by far my favorite job. I taught 3-5 year olds and had a blast every day. I can't say that for any other job I have ever had. I absolutely love infants, and 1 year olds, but now that LT is at a preschool age and I can do some of the fun activities I did while teaching preschool. Gak has to be my favorite gooey substance to make and play with.
Its a combination of elmers glue, water and borax. Its not messy, yet stretches and can be manipulated. It also is a wonderful tool for fine motor development of little fingers. For some reason, every kid I have met, loves playing with the stuff with jewels put in it. LT was no exception.
And after an hour of just jewels and gak he asked what else he could put in the stuff. We took out a car and that entertained him for another half hour before dinner.I couldn't get him to look up, even for a second to take a picture.

No comments: