Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Major League Baseball Game

Tuesday was a big day for the Campbell family (no, AC isn't here yet!). LT went to his first baseball game and I finally got a real camera. I've wanted a digital SLR for many years now but have been too cheap to actually get one (I like to call it practical because it sounds better than cheap). Our old compact camera died recently*. So with AC due to arrive any day now and a little encouragement from my wife, I decided the time was right to be a little less 'practical'. I got the battery charged just in time to take the new Canon T1i on its maiden voyage to LT's first MLB game.

We've been called fair-weather fans but it's still fun to go to a game every once in a while and thanks to Kari's parents this is the second game we've been to since LT joined the family (the weather was better this time). LT paid attention to the game long enough for me to get the shot of him above watching like the true fan that he is.

But there was also a lot of squirming in his seat and climbing on mom and dad (mostly mom).


And probably his favorite part of the night, besides dinner at Noodles of course, was walking downtown between the car and the game.

Exploring the stadium was pretty fun too. A nice Coors Field employee gave him a little Rockies pin that he was very exited about. It says, "Loyal Fan 2006" which is before he was even born but, unfortunately, he's too young to appropriate the irony.




* The old camera, a Canon A720IS, had previously survived being dropped several times, getting wet with water, juice, etc., and even being chewed on by Bowen. After all that and more I'm not sure why it just up and died now with no apparent traumatic indecent. Kari swears that she "didn't do anything" but it died on her watch so readers at home can draw their own conclusions**. Kari's now using an even older Canon A510 that I originally got for my first, and so far only, trip to Moscow for work.

** I'm honestly glad that I finally had a good excuse to upgrade and the stubborn engineer in me still holds out some hope that I can fix the old one. It's nice to have a few backups and something that'll fit in a pocket.

No comments: