Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mama juice

To be honest, I am not one of those pregnant women who craves anything during pregnancy. In fact, I am pretty sick the whole time and food doesn't taste good. However, towards the end of both pregnancies I did want a margarita. It was especially hard this pregnancy with the summer weather and watching folks sip margaritas on patios, but I knew my time would come soon enough and it was well worth the wait. Yesterday Sofi, Ofelia and Renee came by to drop off a jug of margaritas for me and a juice box for LT. LT wasn't sure what was in the jug and I wasn't sure how to explain it to him in a way that he wouldn't want to have some, so we just called it "mama juice". Luckily, Adler came early enough in the fall that I can still sip on a margarita in the warm afternoon air and not feel like I totally missed patio/margarita season. Thanks Renee and Mike for bringing the "mama juice".
Soon after Brian left with the camera to get LT and I some dinner, LT grabbed Sofi's hand and the strolled off down the block together.

1 comment:

Erin Dahlgren said...

Love this post; so true. I hope you are enjoying your mama juice all you want =)