Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lair o' the Bear

Our regular Thursday morning playgroup decided to step out of the box this week (great idea MC!) and head up the hills outside of Morrison for a toddler hike. I have heard about this hike for years and years and always wanted to try it. The trail is perfect for two year olds, wandering along a shallow, slow creek, shaded by lots of trees and plenty of picnic spots to enjoy some snacks. Sadie, Z and LT searching for hiking sticks in the parking lot. The boys had already had theirs taken away for improper usage, but Sadie knew how to handle it properly.
Probably the best part of the hike were the apples that Nicole (Sadie's mom) found and gave to the kids to throw in the river. LT still talks about throwing apples in the water, it was a huge hit!
The second best part for LT was of course snack time. I am pretty sure he ate nothing I brought for him and everything that the other moms brought for their kids. Although it all worked out, the other kids wanted each others food as well.

Z and LT practicing their harder core climbing skills.
LT and I had to make a fast exit back to the car because of hunger. Snacks don't always cut it with LT, sometimes he just needs a meal and of course I didn't bring one for him. I hope Brian and I can take both boys back here soon, it truly is a magical place (on the weekdays) for toddlers!

No comments: