Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rollin', rollin', rollin', keep those babies rollin'

Yes, our less than 3 week old baby can roll from belly to back already. He did it at age 6 days, but I was too in shock to really think it happened. His umbilical cord fell off a few days ago and so we are able to do tummy time. I just got out the play mat today, put him on his belly and within seconds he rolled over. I have no voice right now due to a bad cold and so I sent LT to get Brian (but he got distracted along the way). I thought Bri would never believe me and say I was crazy for thinking our little tiny baby could do such a thing. A few minutes later, I put Adler back on his tummy and away he rolled, and this time Brian witnessed! I knew our two kids would have different personalities and already I see those differences. When we put LT on the play mat for tummy time, he just decided it was too much work to roll over and would go to sleep. Adler doesn't follow the same path. He was ready to figure out a solution to the problem of having to be on his belly. We have been calling Adler "Roto" for roto rooter (the kid can eat!), but his official new nickname is Roto Roller.

No comments: