Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tuck

The boys and I went to the children's consignment store the other day to sell all our old winter clothes. Sitting right in the kids path was a huge fire truck. We had some money in our account from things we've sold and so I told the boys they could get something (Adler wanted a 200$ ride on golf cart, which I have to admit was adorable). They agreed on this fire truck. It desperately needed to be cleaned. Given how much the boys love taking showers and cleaning things, I put both boys with the truck in the shower to get it cleaned before I let them play with it.
Its not technically a ride on toy, but its big and strong enough to hold one of them at a time.

Adler is obsessed with recycling bins and trucks, so it was no surprise that the ladder bucked was immediately a "cycle" for Adler.


LTs numbers are really funny right now, he especially loves 20, 11.
Adler has become a little parrot, repeating everything anyone says, but mostly what his brother says, even the obnoxious sounds LT makes.



And I had to take this video of Adler. For years, I told LT that the ice cream truck was a music truck. My dad bought the boys ice cream from a truck and spilled the beans. Adler's perfect little ears can hear the truck a mile away and he yells, "ICE, ICE!" After the truck passed and I had said no, he said, "book, ice, open" (Bookery Nook is a bookstore that serves ice cream 2 blocks from our house). If I say no to that, he moves on to, "Man, ice, park" (Little Man is another ice cream store not far away and across the street from a park. I should also say that Adler can finish off his ice cream faster than anyone else in our family and then is sad when no one will share with him.

No comments: