Friday, August 5, 2011

Mountains

We went to the mountains last weekend. Bri wanted to play golf at least once this season up there, I had a triathlon in Silverthorne and we wanted to spread Hailie's ashes in a place she loved so dearly.
On Saturday, Brian played golf with his parents and the boys and I met up with my college (and post college) friend. We took the boys to breakfast and then to shop at the outlet mall. Adler was so happy walking across this bridge. The only problem is that the water is exceptionally high this year and moving very rapidly. As usual, he never wants to do the safe thing and this particular day he was trying to scale the railings and wanted to "jump" into the water. We had a little altercation when I insisted that this wasn't a good idea.
LT strolled across watching the fishermen and rapids.
I'm not sure what Adler was doing here, but he reminds me of Frankenstein.
Carissa and I right before the race.
On Saturday night, Brian and I left the boys with his parents and decided to hike a little ways to a clearing to spread Hailie's ashes. As we were leaving, LT ran up the stairs yelling, "there's a HUGE mess downstairs!" I blew it off as just a normal mess the boys can make and we left anyway. When we returned, Barbara was laughing and told us about the mess. She had 3 urns on her mantel downstairs, one for each of her previous dogs. The urns have been in the same place for years and the boys have never touched them. However, the "big mess" that day was one of the boys releasing the Hannah's ashes out of the urn and all over Barbara's carpet in the basement. There was no choice but to vacuum up the mess. I am glad we (Barbara especially) are able to laugh about it...

No comments: