Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mud

Last week we met my friend Roxanne and her kids Isis and Ambrose at the new Mud exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. LT was up in the mountains so he wasn't able to join us, although I think he would love it.We got there a few minutes early and I let Adler play in the fountains outside the museum. He was soaking wet by the time our friends arrived, so we went shirtless the rest of the morning.
The Mud exhibit has potters wheels and clay with all kinds of tools for the kids to mold and play with. Ambrose spent most of his time putting tools inside each other, it reminded me of something LT might have done at that age.
Adler poked every tool into his clay ball until it was a big spiky ball of tools.
Isis, being almost 6, was able to manipulate the clay into amazing things. Adler and I went across the street afterward to Civic Center Park where they have the food trucks from various Denver restaurants.

No comments: