Saturday, October 4, 2008

some daddy time

LT and I had some special daddy time today while Kari went to a baby shower for the next (of many I'm sure) Medina kid. I had some grand ideas about driving over to campus* to visit Joss or maybe taking LT to the zoo. However, by the time LT woke up from his morning nap, I was feeling kind of lazy and didn't want to drive anywhere. I decided to take him on his push bike to the playground just a couple blocks away. It would be our first outside bike adventure.

Turns out that being lazy and pushing a 14 inch tall bike for even a few short blocks aren't really complementary.

LT saw some little girls at the playground so he decided to play it cool and do his best Zoolander impression.

But he could only stay aloof for so long and eventually broke down and just had some fun.


I do a pretty good job of entertaining LT when mom is gone but don't always prepare for things with the same rigor that she might. I don't know for sure but I imagine that, in the picture above, LT is pondering why his dad hasn't yet relieved him of his poopie diaper. How do I tell him it's because I got too involved in making sure we had all fun stuff for the park and just sort of forgot about some of the more essential items?


After we got home and got the poopie kid all cleaned up, I managed to get this picture of the three kids together - a rare shot.

2 comments:

mama lefko said...

Brian, This kid is too cute to be real but of course I don't believe he is real since I've still never seen him in the flesh. .. Great to see you and Kari at the wedding. So glad you were there.
Love, L.

Casey, Gavin, and Liam said...

Wow, L.T. is really growing into a boy now... The baby face is maturing. It's like he'll be ready for kindergarten tomorrow!
Lots of love,
Chrissy and Brian