Friday, October 3, 2008

Toy Store Restraint

Shawn always says I don't buy LT toys and I don't like shopping. Both of which are usually true, and yesterday explains why. We took the boys and traded off getting haircuts (like we did about a year ago). This time was challenging, but in different ways from our earlier experience. LT wanted to sit on my lap and cried if he saw me but couldn't be with me and the same was true for Z. In an effort to allow each of us a relaxing haircut and keep the boys happy, we put them both in the same stroller and walked around. During my turn pushing the boys, I took them into Kazoo (which was mistake number 1!) It was right across the street from the salon and brought back fond memories from being a kid.

Z really wanted to take home this adorable panda bear.
LT wanted the pink unicorn broom/ride on thing (must be listening to his brother).
Then they both found the stacks of stuffies. None of these previous items had price tags under 50$, so we opted for the bins with "smaller" toys, which I thought would be cheaper. I told them each to choose an animal, which they did, and then they picked another one and another. I managed to get them down to one each and as I was paying, Z found the bins of cars. So, in addition to the two animals which weren't as cheap as I thought, we also came home with a popping airplane thing. This is exactly why I don't like shopping, I have NO restraint when it comes to cute little adorable one year olds throwing temper tantrums because they want a toy. Just easier to avoid the stores altogether!

No comments: