Thursday, October 11, 2007

No!

Sunday morning we were leisurely having our coffee when Kari reached to attend to Landon (to clean a booger, reset a pacifier, clean some spit, or something of that nature) and accidentally spilled some of her drink. She grabbed the cup and in racing to clean up the mess she set it down right next to LT sitting in his Bumbo chair. I went to the kitchen to get some paper towels and on my way back to the table I noticed that Landon had grabbed the cup and was rocking it back and forth. Foolishly my reaction was to calmly but assertively say, "Landon, No!" as though he would understand me. In fct, rather than understand and heed my charge, he flipped the cup over and spilled the rest all over the table and floor just moments after the words were out of my mouth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, he understands you alright. He just wants you to know he will do whatever he pleases...