Friday, October 12, 2007

Rollin'

Landon's mom is crazy. But as it turns out, so is his dad.

For a few weeks now Kari has been telling me that LT has been rolling over more and more frequently. However, I hadn't see a full blown unassisted rollover yet - it's not that I didn't believe her but I just hadn't seen it. She really wanted me to see him do it and kept trying to facilitate the event while I was around. It got to the point where I accused her of being a crazy mom and told her to leave him be and that he'd show me when he was ready (I did this in a nice and joking kind of way - I'm not that big of a jerk).

One day I was doing tummy time with LT on his play mat and he finally rolled over for me a few times. Well, I got very excited and grabbed the camera to document the event. I also yelled to Kari and demanded that she come witness it all. Which, of course, she did and enjoyed it like any proud mother would. But then she pointed out that I was being just as crazy, if not more so, than she had been about the rolling over thing.
Touché...