Thursday, July 19, 2007

"My Brother's Bar"

My Brother's Bar is allegedly the oldest bar in Denver. I don't know how true that is but I do know that it is one of the best bars in Denver. It has wonderful greasy cheeseburgers (although they are occasionally hit and miss on the quality) and a small but excellent selection of beer. My parents used to take me there when I was in high school. Kari and I went there often before we were married and still do. Kari didn't have too many preggo cravings but she did crave a Brother's cheeseburger many times and, as it turns out, so did Renee**. So we had quite a few preggo double dates at Brothers with Renee and Mike leading up to the arrival of the babies.

Now that the smoking ban is in place in Denver, Brother's is actually a pretty good place to have dinner and bring the baby in the bucket. That is what we did on Friday night and, given the extent of our patronage over the years, it only seems fitting that one of the staff (maybe even the brother himself????) gave us a tee-shirt for LT. Pretty cool if you ask me!

The shirt is a little big for him right now but I just had to put it on and take a few picts.

** For those that don't know - Kari and Renee used to work together. She and her husband Mike had their daughter, Sofi, in the same hospital on the same day that we had Landon. Sofi is on the left in the shot of the four babies in their buckets at the play date.

No comments: