Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mid August fun

Bri and I were lucky enough to be able to go on a date to the Bronco's game Saturday night! It was perfect weather.
Its not hard to tell, but we were about 15 rows from the very top of the stadium, but we didn't care.
My brother shares season tickets with a co-worker and had preseason seats for last Saturday night. He and Madeleine weren't able to use them and kindly offered them to us. My parents watched the boys and we had a great evening out.

My friend Brendan goes to every game. He told us to meet him at his "Bronco Bus". Honestly I was a bit unsure if I would be able to find it, but clearly, its hard to miss. Bri and I went out to dinner before the game and enjoyed some quiet alone time and so we got to the game after the tail gating party had ended and the Bronco Bus was empty. I did snag a picture of it.
As we have mentioned many times before, Renee (Sofis mom) and I used to teach together and often we had dinner at Brothers Bar during our first pregnancies. We wanted to relive that time with the kids and went there last Friday night.
LT loves the Medina girls.
Sofi loves her daddy (Papa).
and Adler loves Ofelia's hair. Deja vu? I think so. I am pretty sure if I looked back through the blog, there is a picture of LT doing this to Sofi at Brothers Bar.
One would think this was a game of basketball, but really it is LT playing his "money game". We aren't entirely sure how you play it, but you definitely need some pennies and the basketball hoop.
LT started his new school today, the jefco open school. It is an ECE-12th grade program. We really love the school's philosophy and its a pretty popular (and small) school, which makes trying to get in for Kindergarten difficult if you haven't gone to preschool there. His buddy, Tino, is in his class. The two of them were cooking serving some pizza at the back to school pot luck last week.
Renee went back to teaching this year. Luckily, Sofi's school didn't start yet and there was a day that she needed coverage. LT and I were happy to have her play with us yesterday. I even managed to take the three kids (Ofelia is going to daycare with Renee) to the park.
They insisted that I empty the water table of sand and put water in, which is quite a task. The second I finished, the two kids dumped all the sand back into the water.... 3 year olds.
LT and I made playdough for his new teacher. We kept a bit of it for our house and the kids played with it.
The highlight of the day for the three kids was watching the trash truck empty the dumpsters into the back. I thought Sofi would be bored, but I think she was more fascinated than my two kids!
Last week, we went to the last summer patio concert at the Highland Cork (formerly Cafe Caliente). They have a cute little kids music performance on the patio for the kids while the adults drink wine! It was a perfect evening. I was sad that this was the first one we went to this summer and also the last one. We will definitely go back next summer!

No comments: