Thursday, July 9, 2009

City Park Jazz

Trying to think of things to give/get for father's day is pretty hard, especially for dads who want nothing. My brother and I managed to come up with a perfect way to at least spend time with our dad, take him to city park jazz with a little picnic. Brian and I used to go pretty regularly, but with our little man's early bedtime last summer, we never made it. However, he had a great time and I think we will head back another time for sure this summer.
So far the Phil and Teds double stroller has come in handy with taking Z and LT places and then again for carrying all our food for the jazz concert. With the way this thing is already packed, I don't know where baby #2 is going to go.

LT brought a backhoe (might be something we cut out when LTs little brother comes and we are strapped with space for carrying things for both boys, but for now, its fine entertainment).
Brian and I absolutely love City Park, we feel at home there having both grown up within a mile of it. The park has its quirks for sure, and its interesting folk, and other assorted good and bad things, but it is really a nice park. It has definitely improved from the drug deals we witnessed during soccer games. The lake, for one, has been upgraded and this fountain in the background is one of the nice new features.
LT has a very special relationship with each of his grandparents, which we feel very lucky for. I am so glad that we were able to spend fathers day together with Papa.
Chugging juice.
I just couldn't cut out any of this series of LT wearing mama's glasses.



Although my parents moved out of Park Hill a few years ago, they still manage to ride their bikes to the park for the music (and this was just a short ride after their 80 mile ride earlier that day!) I hope I have their energy when I am their age.

No comments: