Tuesday, July 28, 2009

LTs chattering

One of my favorite times of day is listening to LT as he talks himself to sleep. Its fascinating to hear what a 2 year old thinks of as they are drifting off to dream land. Sometimes its funnier than others and today wasn't the best sample, but it is a good indication of some of the things LT talks about as he falls asleep. I tried to write it phonetically as he says words, but its definitely cuter listening to him. I translated in the parenthesis. I did both nap time and bedtime too and indicated when he fell asleep.

Naptime

"Hmmm wonder what is dat noise?" (as the phone rings)

"Wabbit is mine, he’s mine, good morning." (rabbit is mind, he’s mine, good morning)

"Take tewns wif wabbit, mommy come fo dinnew, and daddy come fo dinnew, evewybody coming." (take turns with rabbit, mommy come to dinner, and daddy come to dinner, everybody coming)

Fast asleep.

Night:

"Oh my Babose"

"All my fwends are hewe " (all my friends are here!)

"wocking all my fwends, wock wock wock" (rocking my friends, rock, rock, rock)

"Baby, oh, babose, eieio, e f e f " (some sort of version of old Mac Donald)

"Seeping seeping" (sleeping, sleeping)

"Just feel bettew wif white b" (Just feel better with white bear)

"Geeen bankie on, hmm, oh geen bankie on!" (green blankie on, hmm, oh green blankie on!”

"Oh watew, I dwink watew" (oh water, I drink water)

"Oh, I hew noise , baby, yittle of dis" (oh, I hear noise, little of this)

"weawwy yove watew" (I really love water)

"Oh dew you awe watew!" (oh there you are water)

"Edewbody, dwink watews, not duice, and whewes yous? Wight dew, wabbits, b’s blue babose." (everybody, drink water, not juice, and where’s yours? Right there, rabbits, bears, blue doggies)

"Its not youw watew, its my watew" (its not your water, its my water)

"Choo choo, chug choo, dew you go B" (There you go bear)

Fast asleep.


No comments: