Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fried Rice

Brian's roomate in college, Jason, I met in one of the more unique ways. I was visiting Bri at Amherst. He lived in a suite with 2 other guys (individual bedrooms, but a common area that was shared). Bri was in class one morning and I woke up to Jay yelling "YES, its FRIED CHICKEN". I had no idea who was yelling and even less of an idea of what this strange person was talking about. Brian kindly explained his roomate's querkiness, Jason loves Fried chicken and that was what was being served for dinner that evening. No one was home at the time he yelled, and he had no idea (maybe even to this day) that I was there. Needless to say, the memory has stayed with me for this many years. Tonight, I made LT Fried Rice (without the fried part) and Jason's voice returned as I served it to LT. LT may yell in the same tone when he's in college about FRIED RICE. The kid LOVED IT! (I actually took this video after about 10 minutes of him shoveling it down because our camera was out of batteries, but he was still pretty interested in eating the rice as fast as he could).






And of course... the clean-up crew (including LT).

No comments: