Sunday, December 9, 2007

Guys day out

(editors note: you may have noticed that this is the second post about Saturday swimming. That's because Kari is now a full blog contributer and beat me to writing about it. It should be interesting to get more of mom's perspective about things in the coming months.)

Kari has left me alone with LT many times in the last six months. I'm a pretty good dad (in my opinion anyway and LT can't say otherwise yet) and can usually handle whatever comes up. The thing is that we've always stayed at home when mom goes out and home is a (relatively) safe and easy place. Saturday, however, we went left the house for the first time and actually did something out in the big scary world. I took LT swimming all by myself* and not only is he still alive (pat myself on the back) but he even had fun.

* OK, OK, I met a bunch of the other babies and their parents at the pool so I wasn't all alone but it's still pretty good I think. A big thanks to Annick for being the event photographer.

No comments: