Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fantasy and Reality

This picture is a few months old now but it's still the best picture I have of LT watching football (in his football shirt no less) and I've been meaning to put it up if for some time now. I figured that, at the least, I'd better post it before the season ends.

Thanks to a first round playoff upset, my fantasy football season just ended - so the end of the real season must not be too far off either (especially for the Broncos). I thought destiny had picked me to win at fantasy this year - LT helped me pick my team on draft day and even took a big poop while sitting on my lap during the first round. I took that to be an sure sign of an impending championship season - wouldn't you? Looking back, however, maybe he was trying to warn me that my first pick would suffer a season ending injury after only a few games. LT and I will have to make sure we have our signals straight next year.

In spite of that injury, I was leading in just about every major statistical category going into the playoffs but lost anyway. Heck, this year I was even voted to be the league commissioner* so you'd think I could have somehow figured out how to use that to my advantage. But apparently I don't even know how to cheat (I could learn something from New England). Oh well, maybe next year when Landon is a little older he'll be able to make better picks for me...


* Saying that I was voted to be the commissioner makes it sound like it's an important job that many people wanted but only I got because of some special talent or something. In reality, however, the job kind of sucks and my election to the position came about simply as a result of being the only one willing to do the job. I was elected to co-chair the OASIS Security Services Technical Committee earlier this year and, now that I think about it, that election process wasn't too much different... kind of takes some of the luster off of it, don't it?

1 comment:

Gallego said...

Brian, everyone knows a big poop means the guys gonna get injured early in the season!!!