Saturday, December 1, 2007

Slater, MO

It's unfortunate but so often true that it takes a death in the family to bring family members together from all over the country. So it was a sad occasion that brought us to Slater but I was happy that LT got to meet a lot of my mom's side of the family including Reagan, his second cousin pictured above, who is only a few months older that he is.


We never got to take a 'four generations' picture with my side of the family. But here's a picture of three generations standing in front of the house that my mom grew up in and the house that her mother lived in nearly all of her 89 years.

It's a beautiful old home and the cliché , "they don't make 'em like that anymore" really does fit. I don't know what will happen to it but I fear that, in a little town where many old homes are abandoned and deteriorating, its best days are likely behind it.


I have very fond memories of this little playground just up the street from my grandmother's house...

So it's fitting that LT went on his first slide there...


And first swing...


And even his first merry-go-round thing.

No comments: