Monday, May 18, 2015

Take aparts


I have been meaning to get rid of several electronic pieces from our storage room, but for one reason or another just haven't gotten around to it.  For those of you who know me, I'm a purger, big time.  I find when my home is less cluttered, my mind and emotions are also less cluttered.  I am happier with less stuff around.  
It comes as no surprise then that when Landon's class had an old computer to take apart one day at choice time, this was the clear thing for us to do at home with our old electronics.  I wasn't able to carry our old enormous TV up the stairs, so we opted for an old DVD player to test the grounds.  The boys were engaged and I sat with them asking questions about how they thought it worked as they took it all apart.  Their answers were quite cute and amusing.  

The boys didn't forget that I had promised them they could take the old TV apart.  While I was at an orange theory class a few days ago, Brian sent me a text of them taking apart the TV, with the same enthusiasm.  We have several other things I plan on getting out this summer for them to take apart.  

No comments: