Monday, May 11, 2015

Impromtu sledding

 I love the boys school.  I love it for so many reasons, but one day truly stood at as to why I love it so much.  I got an email from the teachers around 8 AM saying, "Its sunny, warm and there is a lot of snow, can you drive on a field trip in a few hours to take everyone sledding for PE?"  The weather was perfect, and the teachers were allowed to and wanted to take advantage of a special day.  I love that so many parents rescheduled things to make this happen.   I love that they call this "PE" and took the PE teacher with us.  I love that no one was a bit concerned about reading or writing, but instead teaching collaboration and being active in fun ways.
 The kids did sled, a lot, but the most fun they all had was rolling huge snowballs with the PE teacher.

 It started as an idea from a few kids and pretty soon the entire class was needed to help push the weight of the snowball.  If you take a close look at the top picture, the entire class is sitting on 3 giant snowballs.


No comments: