Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our garden

 A few years ago I decided to start growing a few things in pots in our tiny yard.  Last year we expanded to carrots, beets, peas, spinach, tomatoes, basil and many other herbs.  Our yard is really not sunny enough, nor big enough to grow things well.  Last summer we built raised beds in our neighbors yard, but she considered moving and I figured it was time we had our own space to experiment growing other foods.  I found a plot at a community garden not far from our house and the boys have been ecstatic about watering, planting and taking care of our new garden.  I am not sure we are having the best luck growing, but it has really been a lot of fun!  Because its a community garden, we have several work days where the whole group takes care of the garden.  I brought LT on the first work day and he and his buddy Milo were busy shoveling compost into wheel barrows!

No comments: