Saturday, June 26, 2010

Belleview Park

I took the little boys to Belleview Park earlier this week. It is a huge park, with a petting zoo, a small train ride and a long stream for kids to play in. LT and I hadn't been since LT was just a year old and I thought he would really enjoy it now.
We got there soon after it opened and the petting zoo was having some "technical difficulties" and wasn't open yet. Therefore, ALL the kids were in line for the train. Needless to say, it was a long wait, but LT waited patiently as you can see below.
Adler tried to be patient, but was itching to crawl and stretch his legs by the third time the train filled and we were still in line. He did a great job though.
I had this great idea that I would get a cute picture of the boys on the train together. As you can see, there are some funny shots, not exactly what I was aiming for, but the boys were having fun playing together on the train and thats all I could ask for.
Adler was intent on taking LTs glasses off and LT thought it was hilarious.
By the fifth minute of the train (its maybe 10 minutes), Adler was ready to crawl out and off the train. For those of you who know him and have held him, he's pretty strong and extremely determined to have his way. Luckily mom won and he didn't get himself off.
When we got off the train, the petting zoo had finally opened. After a 30 minute drive, a 30 minute wait in line for the train, a 10 minute train ride, I thought LT should try to use the potty. We trekked it across the park (large) and found a public bathroom. It was a success for LT, he kept himself dry the whole time! Adler tried to climb in the potty. Luckily mom won again.
LT wasn't very interested in petting the animals. We weren't there for very long.He watched the ducks in their tiny "pond" for a few minutes.And tried to milk the fake cow, which was out of milk.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have fond memories of going to Belleview Park when I was a little kid!