Friday, January 29, 2010

A, mostly, good afternoon

Today, LT had a few of his buddies over for a last minute playdate to help end the week on a good note, or so I thought (and it was mostly good).
Z with a car.
Baby Sean, who will forever in my mind be "baby Sean". Hes almost a year younger than LT and at the time he was born seemed so small compared to LT. He's talking, walking, playing just like the older boys now, but I still can't get the baby out of my mind. He has a younger sister, Erin, who is a few weeks younger than Adler. She was at the playdate too, but was sleeping at the time I actually thought to get the camera out and take pictures.
Sofi testing out Adler's bumper jumper.
LT in the jumper playing some game with Z.Before nap, I told LT we could make cookies when he woke up. He was so excited about this that after about 1 hour of napping (he usually takes pretty long naps), he woke up announcing he was ready to make cookies. Lesson learned, I will not mention something so fun BEFORE nap. However, I kept my promise and we went to the kitchen and made some oatmeal butterscotch cookies. When his buddies arrived, the dogs were creating more chaos than good and so I locked Bowen up in our room. He knocked down the gate and headed straight for the kitchen. I heard some ruckus upstairs when we were playing in the basement and rushed up, but not fast enough. Bowen ate 2 trays of cooked cookies and a bowl of raw cookie dough. This made him pretty sick and I spent a lot of the rest of the afternoon cleaning up after him while Shawn watched the boys. LT created some sort of game that involved going to sleep on the guest bed and Z brought some tractors to make the game more exciting. When I took a break from cleaning and walked in, they had a whole family of tractors. It was, mostly, a good afternoon.

No comments: