Sunday, January 3, 2010

Big boy bed

Our plan had been to have the basement finished well before Adler's arrival. My office was moving downstairs so LT could have that room (arguably the best room in the house!) and Adler could have his old room. We'd planned on having LT move into his new room and his "big boy bed" at least a few weeks before his little brother was born. So much for plans.

His new room has been all ready for several weeks now. Grandma helped decorate his new bed with zoo animal sheets and, although he seemed excited about his new room and bed, whenever we'd ask if he wanted to sleep in there, he'd say something like, "I yike my cib. Maybe next time."

2nd night
Ad that's how it's been - until yesterday when I bought a couple of new space heaters for his new room and the basement. Apparently his love for tools and putting stuff together trumps everything because asking him to help me set up the new heater in his new room changed everything. He was so excited about it that he declared that he was going to sleep there that night. Wanting to capitalize on the opportunity, Kari had me hang up the organizer that Grandma had gotten him for his animals (seen in the background of the picture) which was great 'cause it meant even more tools. And it worked - 1/2/10 he slept in his new room in his new bed with me on the floor next to him all night (not the first time and probably not the last).


Old dog, old tricks
Hailie has no problem making herself at home anywhere. Before we were even done with LT's bath, she'd already put herself to bed on the pillow next to his bed that I use when lay down next to him for a few minutes before he falls asleep. Almost every night I lay next to him and we sing songs and talk (the book "Dog go go [Go, Dog. Go!]" is a favorite and, "daddy, what doggies do in the book?" has been said more times than I can count). Kari says we're like a couple of middle-school girls at a slumber party. I can't really argue with her on that one.


No comments: