Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Playing, Smiling sleeping and Laughing

I must have blinked too long because I just realized Adler is no longer an infant, he's a baby. He's holding his head up, rolling, laughing, smiling and playing (as much as a 3 month old can) with his brother. He loves being read to, sung to and most of all smiled at. He has just started engaging with the toys on his playmat and on his bouncy chair. He will giggle and smile, kick and squirm and is just an all around happy baby. I couldn't ask for more, except a little sleep.
LT loves playing with Adler. Here he is showing Adler the different animals,
LT loves turning on the star that lights up and plays music.

When I say I need sleep, its a selfish thing. I have always required a lot of sleep. I was the kid in college who went to bed at 10, lame, yes, but I just can't stay up late! The first few weeks of a newborn are always a little hard and just when I was starting to get totally sleep deprived, Adler slept through the night, and then again. I know not to count on it from this day forward, but it sure feels great to sleep! I guess I can't really complain after all.
This morning Adler woke up a little earlier than he normally does. I was at spin and so Brian was the one up with him. When I got home, LT was still sleeping and so Adler and I had a little time to hang out. I asked him if he got up early and suggested that maybe he sleep more for dada. He looked at me with his adorable 12 week old eyes and said, "yea" and started giggling. Luck? Probably, but it sure seemed to me like he knew what he was talking about.
Soon after, he fell asleep while I was cutting his nails, funny kid.

No comments: