Monday, October 19, 2009

Punkums

LT is obsessed with "punkums" right now. I dug out a book about halloween from my literally hundreds of books from when I taught. It is called, "Biscuits Halloween" and LT loves it. The book is very basic about a dog, Biscuit. It has a little story on each page about different halloween events, pumpkin patch, dressing up in costumes, trick or treating etc. He has me read and re read it. My mom brought over some pumpkins and helped LT decorate our house and our neighbor, Diane, has been growing pumpkins for LT which he checks on periodically. Yesterday, LT and a bunch of his friends went to Anderson Farms, which is a huge farm that puts on a grand "fall festival". One thing you can do is take a hayride out to a pumpkin patch and pick a pumpkin. I don't think I have seen LT any happier than he was in the fields of pumpkins. There were thousands and he could have spent hours there. The pumpkin vines would trip him, he would fall, wipe off his knees and tromp around some more, looking for pumpkins (not too hard to find in a pumpkin patch!) Seeing LTs smile, seriousness and absolute adoration for the pumpkin patch was one of the best moments I have had with him as a mom.
I really wish we lived closer to my grandparents in MA. Grandpa is a farmer and grows pumpkins each year in his garden. LT would love exploring and playing in the pumpkin patch.

1 comment:

Erin Dahlgren said...

This is so sweet. Can't wait to see pics of the carving. And, you look like you didn't even have a baby =) Amazing!