Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Amazing, I know

For those of you who know me, I detest balloons (and I am not the only crazy one, Mike, Sofi's dad, doesn't like them either). However, we went to a birthday party for Lee (Stephen and Tami's son) and they were giving out balloons as party favors. As much as I wanted to say no, I couldn't deprive my child of the fun that the other kids were having, so we brought one home, carefully. It sat in the front seat of the car with me, so no one could touch it or pop it. LT was pretty upset about that situation for most of the car ride, but once we got home we let him play with it. Bri took him up to his office, closed the door and turned off LT's monitor and I stayed downstairs as far away from the balloon as possible. For a few days, LT had special playtimes with the balloon, but I finally caved and let him play with it with me in the room. It was a big step in my life, still not sure I like them though.

5 comments:

Gallego said...

Next step, Fireworks! :)

Brian said...

Fireworks? I can't see that happening.

Kari said...

Ha, we are still on step 1, not mastered yet and probably never will be!

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

go Kari! Overcoming a fear for your little one:)

Els said...

I had to leave a comment, though you haven't a clue who I am (just a nice older lady who lives in Port Townsend, WA, btw). I was seriously amused (if that's not an oxymoron) by the random ads Google threw up next to your post about loathing balloons...they were all for ordering balloons, of course! The internet can be such a funny place when the best laid plans of the marketers go awry! Cute little guys you've got there, too. :-)