Saturday, March 29, 2008

This old house

Our first (and with any luck, last) open house is today. Both Kar and I have gotten a little sad and nostalgic about leaving our first house. I think the move will be right thing for us in the end but it is kind of sad to leave the cute and wonderful house where we started our lives together.


There's a pretty good chance that more blog books will be made in the coming years so I thought I'd post some of the professional pictures of the house so they might make it into a future book. It seems kind of silly now but I think it'll be fun, many years from now, to be able to look back at pictures of our first house. Heck, my family still sometimes talks about the house where I spent the first 2 1/2 years of my life.

Kari painted the upstairs bathroom (left) purple and her mom painted the downstairs bathroom (right) in yellow and blue.









Our kitchen (with a number of my coffee making devices put away to tidy up).

Our living room. I love the green color! Come to think of it we (ok mostly Kar and her mom) have added a lot of color to the house.


The cute little park just one house away.

The guest room / office. This was our bedroom for a while but we moved upstairs to be closer to LT's room.

LT's room! Formerly known as the office.


The upstairs bedroom which is where we sleep now the LT is with us. His room is just across the hall.

The dinning room. I love the red and think it looks great but was a *huge* pain to apply. We did a primer and it still took five coats of the red to get it to look decent. I declared my retirement from painting several times during the process.

Our front room / entry room / reading room. Damn dogs (Bo in particular) love to sleep on these chairs when they think no one is looking.

No comments: