Saturday, March 8, 2008

Road trip

Kar is running in the Canyonlands 1/2 marathon in Moab this weekend and LT and I came along for the trip to provide moral support. The drive to Utah is not short so to break up the trip a little we spent Wednesday night in Silverthorne and LT got to see his grandparents.


Landon loves drink coasters. I thought maybe it was just something about the coasters we have at home. However, he immediately went for the ones off of my mom's coffee table so it must be some deeper universal love for coasters. He's pictured above proudly showing off his find to his mom.

I can't help but think maybe we should go into business selling drink coasters as baby toys. Baby stuff is kind of like weddings - you can get away with charging twice as much for something if it's associated with babies or weddings.


LT also loves dogs. He's shown here with my dad's boxer, Sidney.

When I think of some of the unnecessary and expensive crap we've bought for our dogs... yeah, pets could probably go in the same category with babies and weddings.


He gets along with his grandpa pretty well too (still holding the coaster).

I suspect that the very nature of grandparents has something to do with the price premium on baby things. I can see our marketing campaign now, "what better way to show your grandchild you love them than with our premium super special cool baby drink coasters?" In fact, send me a $100 check and I'll ship your very own premium super special cool baby drink coaster to you right away!

No comments: