Sunday, January 31, 2016

passports

Blane's passport came in the mail this week. He seems so young but I looked back and LT was even younger when he got his. He was so little that he had trouble staying awake for the photo.

 I stubbornly refuse to hand over artistic control or $10 to Walgreens so I insist on doing the photo myself.  Here you get a behind the scenes look at Blane and I working on the photo together. Then I paid Walgreens 29 cents to print a 4x6 with six identical copies of the square photo, one of which was cut out and used with his passport application. It never occurred to me that each copy could have been zoomed in slightly differently. Not until the woman reviewing the application said that the photo might be zoomed in a little too much. Then it seemed like a great idea. Luckily for me, however, it turned out okay and little Blane's passport arrived just a couple weeks later. 


No comments: