Sunday, January 24, 2016

Broncos Country




Despite only actually watching about four plays from the whole game, the boys seem to be enjoying the ride on the Broncos playoff bandwagon. They geared up for the Pittsburgh last weekend and I managed to corral them for a few photos.

I'm not exactly sure how it started but for a while now we've been doing math problems as part of our bedtime routine. I went with a football theme last night and asked LT how many touchdowns the Broncos would have, if they scored 28 points in the game. For Adler it was how many field goals did the Patriots need to make to score 9 points. So I guess that constitutes my naive and wildly optimistic prediction for today's AFC Championship game; Broncos 28, Patriots 9. They both figured out the correct answer, which I'm pretty sure guarantees the outcome.



Blane's doctor somewhat politely calls him "a happy spitter." Which means he's a puker but it doesn't bother him. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother us but, in the scheme of things, there are much worse afflictions so we make the best of it and try to have a sense of humor. I'd like to say he picks the most inopportune times to puke but the reality is he just pukes all the time. All. The. Time. So I shouldn't have been caught by surprise by the puke during the photo session but I wasn't prepared with wipes or a spit cloth or anything. But time with the kids in the studio is short and I knew there'd be no second chances. So I pulled off my t-shirt, used it to wipe away the puke, and kept shooting. True art takes dedication and sacrifice.

No comments: