Monday, August 25, 2014

Date with my little guy

 While Brian took LT to his first NFL game, Adler and I got a special date night!  We had a birthday/housewarming party to go to, but then we had several open hours for us to do what he wanted.  I asked him what would be fun and he had a whole plan that was slightly surprising to me, but really enjoyable!  First he wanted to go to a bookstore and get a firetruck book (he has never really been into fire trucks, so this was the first surprise).  Next he wanted to go to Noodles and Company for dinner (not a huge surprise).  After noodles, he wanted to make rice krispy treats (very surprising, we had never done this before!).  It ended up being a really fun evening with lots of one on one time. 

 At the bookstore, we did get a fire truck book, but we also found this very fun dinosaur puzzle (and he has been very into dinos).  It was fun to put together with him while the rice krispies were cooling.
I hadn't made these since I was a kid!

No comments: