Monday, August 25, 2014

Sleepunder

 A good friend of mine isn't a big fan of sleepovers for her kids (and I have to say that I agree). I let Landon go when invited so that he doesn't feel left out and happily agree when he asks to have a friend spend the night for his sake, but its not my favorite activity.  My friend, instead of sleepovers, has what she calls sleepunders.  Basically that entails everything you would do at a normal sleepover (play, eat dinner, watch a move or play games, have a treat, get ready for bed), but when its time for bed, the kid goes home.  Brilliant!  This week, we didn't intend for that to happen with a sleepover, but it did.  Zack came over after camp on Tuesday, we played outside on the trampoline, did some legos, ate dinner, created perler bead art, had some ice cream, got ready for bed and got into bed.  Landon and Adler fell asleep quickly.  Zack was not so sure about the idea.  I never want kids to be afraid when they're sleeping here, its supposed to be fun.  After awhile and his insisting, we called his mom and his dad came to pick him up.  I still consider the night a success, the boys had a lot of fun!

No comments: