Friday, January 27, 2012

Ski day with mom

Although I take LT weekly to ski lessons, it wasn't until this week that we were able to ski together. Typically, Adler comes up with us and stays with Baba during LTs lesson and then we rush out of lessons to get Adler down for a nap. This week Adler had a bad cold and I thought it would be better for him to stay down in Denver and rest instead. While LT was in lessons, I skied and then met him for lunch. Before he ate, he said he might be too tired to ski with me. However, as is typical with LT, he ate and ate and ate and was suddenly happy and excited to go ski again. We did 4 runs under the lift together (he wasn't ready to quit, but I needed to get down to Denver to tutor the little boy I tutor on Wednesdays). On our first lift up, he wanted to show me everything he had done with his class. The picture above is the obstacle course they took him on. He also showed me the tree that is decorated in Mardi Gras necklaces.
I was nervous about trying to get him on and off the lift, but I quickly realized that besides needing a little boost (only due to not being tall enough) onto the lift, he could do the rest himself. We got to the top and he hopped off and skied down the hill. He told me that the way we ski together is to play follow the leader, and I was to go first. I started off and he flew past me yelling "NOT THAT SLOW MOMMY!" Off he went.
This week was the last week of his four week ski session. They had a little ice cream party with rainbow ice cream, chocolate sauce and sprinkles!

2 comments:

Erin Dahlgren said...

Looks like a great day. How fun! Where did you guys ski? Love the udpates. xoxo

Erin Dahlgren said...

Love the ski day with mom. Looks like a fun time. Where did you guys go? Love the updates:)